Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The New Black!

What do Mary J. Blige, Whitney Houston, Fantasy and Jennifer Hudson have in common besides being black female singers?  They all have new movies coming to the movies soon.  Mary J. Blige is going to be Nina Simone.  I've been reading alot about this and some people don't think she is the right choice.  Think again Mary J. Blige has been breaking walls down since we first heard her music.  Whitney Houston has been gone from the big screen for sometime.  She better have a controlled environment, so that she doesn't go Bobby Brown on us.  Fantasy will be playing Mahalia Jackson.  I worked with her on the Color Purple on Broadway and she's got the chops as long as they don't ask her to do 8 shows a week for 8 months....LOL....Jennifer Hudson is going to be Winnie Mandela, do I hear OSCAR buzzzz?? I will keep you posted.....Black is Back!!!!!!


Yes, I said it!!

Marque

No comments:

Post a Comment