Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baby Hair

Baby hair is not just for the Jackson's (as in Michael Jackson). All children have baby hair and I don't mean the hair around their hair line. Your hair actually will go through many changes in your life time if you live long enough. The hair that you were born with is not the hair that you have when you are 1 years old. I consider the hair between when we are born and 1 your baby hair. Please, parents pay attention!! Now, after 1 years old the next change is puberty, which is between 11 and 16 years old. The hair after puberty will last until middle age. I have heard so many black parents say that a relaxer ruined their childs hair. It's just not true unless your child ate the relaxer. Usually people of color hair gets thicker and more course. Children that are born blonde usually get darker during this time. Your hair grows from within, therefore you would have to eat the relaxer (which I doubt) . What did happen is your hair changed at puberty and your child needed that relaxer. If you do damage your hair from the outside all you have to do is cut it off and grow it again. Now there are things that you can do to your hair from the inside good and bad, which I'm going to save that for another time. Stay tuned I have much to discuss about hair.

Yes, I said it!

Marque

No comments:

Post a Comment